The more comfortable and confident you are with what you offer as a professional, the more likely you are to find your dream job. Hiring managers are always looking for critical thinking skills, communication abilities, empathy, and a genuine interest in the customer. If not, do you know anyone who knows anyone who works in customer support? Ask your friends and family if they have a contact in the field.
By familiarizing yourself with the company and its unique goals and culture, you can present yourself as an informed candidate later in the process. Plus, this step helps you clarify what you want in a home-based customer service job. For people hoping to break into a home-based customer service job for the first time, there are a lot of unknowns about how to find the right job and manage this newfound freedom.
How to Write a Customer Service Job Description to Attract the Best Candidates [Template]
One of the most popular work-from-home job categories on FlexJobs is customer service careers, and with good reason. If you notice there are skills you still need to develop, make a plan to find training or talk with hiring managers about how you intend to close that skill gap. In this post, discover if remote service is right for you, the different types of positions available, and companies that often offer them. Working remotely means you have endless options about where and how to live.
- A customer service job refers to professionals who assist customers before and after purchasing a product or service.
- Being able to pick children up from school, tailoring work hours based on individual needs, and saving time by ditching the commute are some potential benefits.
- This service is designed for people who are extremely busy and need someone to organize their day-to-day schedule.
- To get a job via NoDesk, find the job that fits your skills and preferences and apply online.
Ultimately, companies are looking for someone who can serve as a committed customer advocate. Your character and willingness to learn are the most important factors https://remotemode.net/ in your ability to thrive in a home-based customer service job. FlexJobs offers you a platform where you can find well-vetted remote job opportunities.
Find a Remote Job in Customer Service
We’ve highlighted several of those below, starting with three companies that will hire you as an employee and pay for benefits. We’ve included in these one well-advertised site that we suggest you avoid. Know that most independent contractor sites pay by the minute, so their “hourly” pay equivalents should be viewed with a grain of salt.
- Their website covers everything from cool cities to flights and local meetups.
- A recent survey by Upwork shows that remote workers save an average of 51 minutes per day by not commuting and saving 18.38 cents per mile by not driving to work .
- Customer success managers work to assist customers with product onboarding, account management, and campaign execution.
- Remote.co provides job listings that are all remote and have been verified and vetted to be free of scams.
Therein lies the appeal for many job seekers; not to mention that, in many cases, on-the-job training is provided, so little or no experience is needed. LiveOps also pays representatives by the minute — and commonly by the productive minute. However, customer service representatives are generally not given any guarantee of minimum pay, so you may not earn anything if the call center is slow during your shift.
FlexJobs in the News
U.S. Bank is one of the top five largest commercial banks in the United States. Bancorp, U.S. Bank offers a wide array of services, including savings and checking accounts, insurance, mortgage and refinance, investing and wealth management, and loans. Lincoln Financial Group offers financial products that help customers achieve retirement income security. The company offers annuities, life insurance, and long-term care protection. So, you know customer service is the right job for you, but how do you actually land a job? In the past, you may have interacted with these professionals when you had a technical glitch with your computer or needed help rebooking a flight.
You may be surprised by the sheer number of positions available for remote employees, especially in customer service. However, you may be wondering if you have what it takes to handle https://remotemode.net/blog/what-is-remote-customer-service-exactly/ a remote customer service position. Whether you can leverage these connections or not, take the time to explore job boards created specifically for remote work or support roles.